The Plaza East Internal Medicine Group was founded in 1998 by Dr. Mindy Weiss, MD, who has served the medical needs of the community for over two decades. Dr. Weiss graduated from the top ranked Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1994 in Manhattan and performed her residency at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
What defines PEIM? Our physicians and staff truly care about all of our patients, their health concerns and general welfare, as should any good medical group. Providing the time and attention necessary for excellent medical care is our paramount concern and we know that our patients would tell you the same.
We provide high quality, personalized medical care for our patients since we take the time to get to know and understand them. Maintaining a close doctor-patient relationship relationship provides a comfortable environment and close bond. This makes it easier for our patients to feel able to speak directly to their physician when they have even the most private questions and concerns. We have a completely open access scheduling policy which allows our patients to be seen when they need and want an appointment. Making an appointment can be done with a short telephone call and very shortly, via the Internet.
Our patient-focused mission provides you with:
- An extremely convenient location in midtown Manhattan
- (CHECK) 24 hour availability, 7 days per week
- Significant efforts made to provide same day appointments for patients with urgent needs
- Same day visits as we can accommodate, in office IV therapy and lab tests which may help patients avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room
- Electronic medical record system that checks for interactions between medications, allergies, etc. and provides you with a written list of all of your medications
- Quality specialists who see patients in a timely manner.
- Physicians and staff who are trained monthly in the latest diagnostic techniques and patient care.